To ensure uncompromising quality in its fastener products, Pearson Fastener has developed a comprehensive quality program. We are IATF 16949:2016 First Edition and ISO 9001:2015- ANSI/ISO/ASQ Q9001-2015 certified and work closely with our sub suppliers, all of whom are ISO certified. To meet the demands of today’s exacting specs, standards and lead times, Pearson’s quality system offers notable strengths, including:
- Capability to provide full Level 3 PPAP documentation. Includes use of Pact7, Datalyzer and Minitab 17 software for automotive approved data.
- Our tensile testing capabilities set us apart in the industry.
- A Six Sigma Green Belt leads our Quality team.
- We have cage code designation as a government contractor to support our military troops. Registered with Tier 1 government suppliers GDLS (General Dynamics Land Systems) and OSHKOSH Defense.
Learn more about how Pearson Achieves Special Quality Requirements for Tier 1 Automotive.
Highly Trained Staff
Pearson’s director of quality is Six Sigma Green Belt certified and GE Aviation TEAMing certified. He has over 25 years of manufacturing experience, including time as president/CEO of a manufacturing company. Our lab/inspection technician has over 30 years’ experience in the fastener industry. We not only final inspect, but are proactive and constantly run in-production-line checks and capability analyses on these checks to ensure highest levels of quality.
- New Part Checklist for a complete tracking/approval system for new parts.
- During manufacture our operators keep capability data (QC dimensions) on every part.
- On critical dimensions we also keep SPC data and upload into software to ensure Six Sigma and Cpk capability.
- Quick-response system in place for CAR (corrective actions) and 8D analysis to ensure the root cause of any problem is found and corrected.
- Metrics board tracks KPIs such as on-time delivery, average delivery days, scrap, customer complaints and sales quotes.
- Pearson’s current average delivery is 24 days – a stand-out in the industry.
- From first article inspection to complete Level III PPAP documentation using Pact7 software, approved and preferred by all major automakers.
- Gage R&R, Process Flow, Control Plan, Process FMEA, PSW, Performance test, Material test.
- Six Sigma analysis, Cp, Cpk, Pk, Ppk, PPM, P Value, Gage R&R (nested/crossed), Y, RTY, Capability Six Pack, Xbar R, Xbar S, ANOVA, Chi-Square, Power & Sample size, Hypothesis Testing.
- Wilson Rockwell Series 2000 Hardness Testor
- Tinius Olsen Tensile Strength Testor
- Mitutoyo PH 350 Optical Comparator
- USB Digital Microscope
- Lab and inspection in controlled climate
- Full range of Go/Nogo thread/plug gages
- All gages calibrated annually, both internally and externally
- Pact7 for PPAP
- Minitab17 for gage R&R
KPI Metric Charts
- On-time delivery
- Average lead time
- Quotes per month
- Customer complaints
- We run to Six Sigma capability standard
- Director of Quality is Green Belt Certified
- Cage code: 7HPX2
- Registered with General Dynamics Land Systems
- Registered with OSKOSH Defense
- Primary NAICS codes: 332722, 339993, 423710
- Primary FSC codes: 5305, 5306, 5307, 5320